Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Yes, it really is as steep as it looks!

And a long way down, too.
This is what we call 'bouldering'. And it's the only way
to get down to Henry's Fork River for a better look
at Mesa Falls. We did the look-out thing, but this
is way more exciting, and a lot more work.


I was able to go 3/4 of the way down, then I was
concerned about getting back up again, so I stopped
there.


It turns out that going up really was easier, so I most
likely could have handled the whole way down and
up, but, I didn't want to push my luck! I was just
happy to have made it so far. It was actually fun,
and I'd do it again!


This is the lookout and that white stuff just to the right
of Eric is Mesa Falls. It was the most perfect weather, warm
with a light breeze, and quite a fun adventure!






2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I had always heard people talk about bouldering, but I never actually knew what it was:) That does look like fun:)

Katie said...

Good job Mom. I talked to Devin yesterday and he said it is a really good thing you guys didn't go all the way down because HE was really exhausted when he went down there. I wish Josh and I could have been there too!