Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
It's Fiesta time! The best part is the menu. Tonights dinner, Taco Salads, rice & beans, and for dessert, I will attempt my first tres leches cake. Katie introduced me to this wonderful treat when I was visiting Utah. We ate at one of the many delicious restaurants and shared a piece of tres leches cake for dessert. YUM. I've been wanting to make it ever since, and today I finally have an excuse! I'm also excited to be making my own refried beans and mexican rice using my new pressure cooker. It greatly reduces cooking time and keeps all that good flavor and moisture in the food. Beans should only take 35 mins. compared to 3 hours on the stove. Plus, I would really like to start using up the many cans of food storage beans out in the garage. I've just never been one to plan ahead enough to start soaking them the night before. Cooking in a hurry is much more my style. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom, I can't wait to find out how everything turned out and see pictures! We had BBQ ranch chicken wraps and listened to Regge music. (at first I thought it was Mariachi, then the song changed, and I realized we didn't have the right culture). It was kinda lame, but at least we were focused on southern stuff, right?
I'll get some pics up soon! We forgot to get the music going. Rats! Mariachi would have been so good. Wraps! Yum!
Post a Comment