As Eric was doing his homework last night he casually mentioned that if he took a yam dish to Honors English tomorrow he would get extra credit. Oh, I said, you could use extra credit.
Yeah, he said so and so brought such and such a few days ago. Oh, I said again, you say oh a lot when you are a mom, how long have you known about this. Well, since last Friday, so a whole week! And I'm just now hearing about it 7:00 Thursday night. Not too unusual around here. Only one problem. I just didn't happen to have yams on hand. But I went online looking up yam recipes, hoping to find something besides the stuff you serve at Thanksgiving. Voila, the perfect dish, Candied Yam Cupcakes. Who wouldn't love that?
I told Eric I'd make a double batch so he could take one for all 30 kids. No, don't do that, he said. He really only needed to bring one for the teacher, and besides, there may be a lot of kids who don't want one. I'm beginning to sense that he is doubting my baking abilities! Nevermind, when I decide that everyone in the class should have one, then by golly they will. So after a not so quick trip to the store, and many hours of baking (it's a bit of a process when you have to steam the yams first) we had lovely cupcakes. And by the way, EVERYONE wanted one of these beauties. Ahh, success!

4 comments:
Everyone including me! When do I get to try one?
I'm almost tempted---except, I don't like yams. Seriously, it's like the only food that comes to mind when I think of foods I don't like.
Well, Eric was a little concerned too. Luckily the end product tastes quite abit like carrot cake, especially with the cream cheese frosting.
that's hilarious!
Post a Comment