Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Baked Alaska

For some reason, Devin got this crazy notion to make
Baked Alaska. He even donated his own marshmallows
specifically purchased to use as ammuntion with his
marshmallow guns made of pvc piping. It's been a long time
since we've made them, but even Eric remembered
having them, he was like 2!
These were apparently delicious, and I'm sure part of
the reason was that they were made with homemade
waffles rather than eggo waffles. I think the idea
of Baked Alaska only encouraged the weather to
start behaving like Alaska. Now we have had nonstop snow!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey I was telling Josh about these and he has never had them. In the picture of the boys, at first I thought they were wearing white v neck shirts over something green. I wondered how come they were wearing such perfectly matching outfits. They look good!

Diana said...

Hah Katie! They do look like they are wearing Vnecks! Haha.

What exactly is baked alaska?`

Lisa said...

Well, Baked Alaska is an attempt to defy the natural laws of baking! You put a nice rounded scoop of ice cream on a waffle, completely cover it with marshmallows, so that no air can get in. Stick it in a super hot oven, 500 degrees, for a very short time, 3-5 minutes, just until the marshmallows are brown, then take it out, drizzle chocolate syrup on it and eat it quick!

Southern Belle said...

wow that sounds delicious, I need to try that!