Seeing these sisters laughing is the best!
Ready for our first big adventure, well, actually scared! These guys talked me into ziplining! It took a lot of convincing, but Ketchikan's Rainforest was our itinerary for the day.
It was as wet and crazy fun as it looked! I'm so proud, my first time out and I won the best zipliner medal. I think it was my perfect form, you know, pointed toes and all. Actually I think it was that above all, I showed no fear. Now that's some good acting on my part!
We never got tired of playing games!
Ok, time to get ready for the rafting adventure. We were super lucky to have a sunny day, but it was chilly, and we were planning on getting wet, so we donned these lovely rain pants and life jackets. I was having wardrobe issues so it took me forever a while to get my gear arranged just right. Maybe that's why we were put in the last boat with the interesting family with the mouthy dad? Oops, sorry guys!
These guys are actually EATING part of the broken off glacier!
YUCK!
And no thanks, I'll wait til we get back to the ship before I have my snack.
It was a pretty calm float trip, only a few moments of thrills through some minor rapids. But it was a beautiful place.
Just checking out Sawyer glacier!
And last but not least, a jeep trip from Skagway up to the wilds of the Yukon Territory via the Klondike Hwy. I think we named our jeep the White Rangers? No it was a cooler name than that.
If you look closely you'll see that I was feeling a bit trapped in the back, and slightly terrified of what was to come!
Paul the train engineer extraordinaire, blow that whistle Paul!
It was a fabulous week!


















































































1 comment:
It looks wonderful!
Post a Comment