Keith and I have enjoyed going to Leavenworth in the Summer many times. We marvel at the beautiful flowers, wander the shops, and we love the plays, especially The Sound of Music, which is a Summertime classic in Leavenworth. This year we planned ahead and invited our mothers to join us. Unfortunately Bobbi was recovering from illness and unable to make it. So I took advantage of the opportunity to invite two fun friends to join mom and I on the trip. Peggy and Carol are, as you can tell by their smiles, very cheerful and fun companions.
Mom and I happily meandered down Main Street poking into any shops that caught our fancy. I think it's safe to say that we each found a treasure or two along the way.
Dinner! My favorite crepe restaurant was the predetermined destination. Here are the dessert crepes. They were huge! The funny thing is that I had remembered the crepes as being very big, so I suggested we share our dinner crepes. They turned out to be rather small and we all felt a little hungry after the meal. So we each got our own dessert crepe and laughed so hard when we saw how big they were! We were planning to taste each other's, but none of us wanted to share even a bite, they were all so delicious!
After dinner we made our way to the Ski Hill Amphitheater and our front row seats for the show.
Although rain was in the forecast, we stayed nice and dry during the play.
There was a nifty new set this year.
I love this hotel. It's cute inside and out.
After a yummy breakfast we made our way back down the mountain, refreshed and singing "The Hills are Alive" as we went.
No comments:
Post a Comment