Just the two of us off on the big road trip to be with the kids, except for Katie's family, for Thanksgiving.
First stop, Rexburg ID! We found Devin and Carson packed and ready to roll with us. But first, a quick tour through the new I Center at BYUI, it's big and gorgeous, pretty much a 3/4 size Conference Center. Then a couple rounds of bowling.
After Keith whipped us all real good, he treated us to some frozen yogurt at the shop just across from Devin and Carson's apartment. We also visited the brand new Deseret Book in the same strip mall.
Wednesday morning, it was up and at 'em, nice and early for our next stop on the trip, Provo.
We met Eric at his dorm, had lunch in his cafeteria, which was super nice, and then went to Diane and Dennis' place. After dinner, it was on to the BYU basketball game.
We walked around campus a bit that night, it was beautiful weather. That also meant no snow, so no skiing like we had hoped this weekend.
Thanksgiving morning everyone helped out for a bit in the kitchen. Diane made the chocolate pie filling, Devin and Carson made the pumpkin pie filling and Eric and I made the pie crusts.
Then the boys were off to the Turkey Bowl, while Diane and I put together the rest of the feast.
At least half of them came home victorious, since they were on different teams, and everyone was a wee bit sore from the effort. Well, actually Keith was more than a little sore. He later vowed never to play football again!
A fabulous feast for a hungry crowd.
Diane was a wonderful hostess, and we had a great day. After dinner the boys were all in a tryptophan stupor and slept, while Diane, Dennis, Keith and I took a nice long walk around the neighborhood. We played a few games too, The Celebrity Game, Kings Corner, Fiddlesticks, and my favorite, Pit. Dennis thought he'd throw us for a loop and he kept one of every card in his hand, so everyone else was just one card away from winning, and we all became desperate, each shouting "ONE! ONE! ONE!" for what seemed like a long time, before we finally saw that Dennis had that mischievous smile, and we caught on to his plot. It was soo funny!
And last but not least, the pies! We altered the pumpkin pie recipe slightly, no allspice, but we added cloves. Delicious!
2 comments:
I am slightly disappointed that Diane was not IN the football game! But I guess when its at your house you have to be responsible:) Looks like a fun time!
Oh, these pictures are so fun. I watched an episode of some sitcom the week before Thanksgiving, and the couple's flight home got canceled. He spent the whole day on skype hearing about the football injuries, the food mishaps, and all the goings on of his family. I feel his pain reading this post, wish I could have been there to pitch in and eat all the food.
Post a Comment