One week after our first outing, and the warm weather has melted the snow ALOT. It was surprising to see mostly rocky terrain where lots of snow had been last week.
One of our main adventures was crossing the ever widening creeks and rivers. The biggest river had an old broken bridge we found, and made our way to it for crossing.
Our goal was to locate the switchback trail up to railroad grade. We struck out again. Eric and I hung out at this nice rocky outcrop while Keith and Devin looked for an alternate route...
Straight up this wall! Not today, folks!
Yet another creek to cross. Each one brings its own level of adventure.
Fresh courage take! Actually, the boys had no trouble whatsoever. It was ME who needed to gather my courage each time.
On this crossing, I made my way across with the helping hands of Keith and the boys. Devin was standing on the rock on the other side. He reached his hand out to me and I grabbed it and took my leap of faith, landing on the rock and pushing him back all the way to the ground, just to make sure I didn't fall back into the water again!
A long walk on rough terrain!
Love these boys!
Awesome boulder field, actually a moraine left by the Easton Glacier when it receded 100 years ago.
All this fresh mountain air makes you feel especially strong.
The gorgeous summit...ah, someday!
1 comment:
Looks goregous Mom! Wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment