This Thanksgiving I wanted to focus on my family, not just the ones here with us, but every family member. So I built a family tree which includes all 33 people, from my grandparents to my grandchild, and my siblings and their families. It was fun to see the generations all together.
I wanted to focus on the people that were not joined with us around our table so I wrote some of their names inside each place card. Then at the beginning of dinner I asked everyone to learn about that person and share something about them before dessert. It was sure fun to think of memories and share them. I also learned more about my grandparents. Just a side note here: my grandpa, Clarence Hart, was indeed held up by a bank robber and locked in the vault for 40 minutes. Great story! It's included in our Family History books my mom has carefully prepared for us. Thanks mom!
With all the focus on family members not present, I unfortunately forgot to get a picture of those who were present. I know, that's not really like me, I usually get everybody around a table and then create a big hubub trying to fit them into a tiny viewfinder. Not so this time. Everyone got to eat their meal in peace. Sort of. Well, we had a lot of people packed in this kitchen. It was exciting though!
Besides Keith, Eric and I we had Josh, Katie and Eleanor, Richard, Diana and Michael, Paul, Wes, my mom, and also a cute family from our ward, the Heusers, Jamie and Max. Their little boys are names Reef Gregory and Maximus Bear. I just had to include that because their names are so awesome.
Those we were missing were Diane and Dennis, Devin, Denise and Larry and their kids (except Richard, we got him!) Larry and Christina, Pauls kids and Wes's daughter and her husband. And my dad. And my grandparents. And that adds up to 33 people!
Pre-dinner games.
I hear the competition was intense.
Michael was pretty excited to play some wii!
I had such great help this year. Katie and Diana set tables and did the centerpieces and were basically available to help with whatever. That certainly lowers the stress level! Keith and mom made rolls and we baked a lot of things at my moms. That gave me room to bake some gigantic marshmallowed yams in and all over my oven.
I made the "give thanks" banner this year and it's so cute, I think it won't be a one time deal. Look for more banners at other events and holidays in the future. Also, I used a pinecone, nut, tree theme. It was sort of a fluke, but it worked out well with the whole family tree thing.
I made the "give thanks" banner this year and it's so cute, I think it won't be a one time deal. Look for more banners at other events and holidays in the future. Also, I used a pinecone, nut, tree theme. It was sort of a fluke, but it worked out well with the whole family tree thing.
All in all, a great day! Thanks family for being so great!
Ok, now that I have posted about Thanksgiving, I can decorate for Christmas.
Ok, now that I have posted about Thanksgiving, I can decorate for Christmas.
2 comments:
Oh the marshmellow yams! Lol.
We always love coming over to your home. We adore your family.
Thanks for an amazing Thanksgiving! I loved getting to come home and enjoy it.
Post a Comment