Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Visit to Utah

When we found out that Katie and Eleanor would be in Provo for Katie's KLAS conference in September, I thought it would be to fun to head south.  Katie would need a babysitter while at her conference.  Also, Diane and Dennis moved into a new place this Summer and I haven't had a chance to see where they live, so this would be the perfect time.  Keith surprised me with a plane ticket to see the girls that week!  I arrived on Tuesday in time to visit Diane in her classroom.  She does a great job with her classes, keeping those kids busy and learning with hands on activities.  I could tell that they liked being in Mrs. Struck's class.  Her room has a bright, fresh feel, with green on the walls and interesting posters around. 




This picture was drawn by one of Diane's TA's for teacher appreciation.  It's a pretty good resemblance, I think!



That evening we headed north to shop and pick up Katie and Eleanor at the airport.  Eleanor was a good traveler, and when we first saw her she gave us such big smiles!


 We shopped a little more on the way home, grabbed dinner at my new favorite restarant, Cafe Rio, and then Eleanor got to meet her Uncle Dennis.  They hit it off pretty well, I'd say.



Wednesday and Thursday, while Katie was at her conference, Eleanor and I hung out together at the hotel.  It was a nice big room so she had plenty of space to move around. 




We spent the eveing at Diane and Dennis's new place, which is very cute and well decorated.


 It was fun to just spend time together and let Eleanor entertain us.  She is crawling so well, and loves standing up and hanging on to furniture. 












I enjoyed working out at the gym with Diane and Brittney one evening and Diane and Katie one evening.  We did some shopping and played a few games.


 Saturday, Katie, Brittney and I went to the Provo Farmers market and strolled around a bit.  A nice variety of crafts and food, and a fun way to spend the morning. I especially liked the way Eleanor looked in this cute hat. 

 Katie and Eleanor flew back to Wisconsin Saturday afternoon.  That evening Diane and Dennis made chipatis for dinner.  They are a unique and delicious African food Dennis learned to make on his mission.





Sunday I got to go to their Primary Class.  Diane and Dennis co-teach the same age group I teach in Primary, Valiant 8.  It was fun comparing the difference in our classes. My group is much noisier!
I flew home Sunday evening, which happened to be the 10th anniversary of 9-11.  It was all without incident, so I was grateful for that.  And for each opportunity to spend time with my family!

1 comment:

Southern Belle said...

I bet Diane is such a good teacher! Thanks for posting updates on them, since Diane doesn't have a blog, it is the only way I get to keep up on her life! So fun you got to visit them and see your cute little granddaughter!