Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Father's Day

Yes, homemade strawberry shortcakes finished off the evening in a delicious way. Before that we had some amazing steak cooked on the new grill.  Before that, we had to figure out how to turn on the grill. 


Luckily we still have Eric here, (that kid is not allowed to leave home, we'll be in big trouble since he's the one we rely on to help with anything from figuring out how to use a new camera to reading small print, to solving computer troubles to getting a new grill working). For Father's Day this year I told Keith we would buy him a new bbq grill, but I wanted him to pick it out.  Now that we know how to use it, I think we're going to like it!


 Most of the day was spent getting ready for the John Day River trip the scouts were taking the next day.  Everyone met at our house Saturday night to wash and load the kayaks onto the trailer. They are already packed full of boys stuff for the trip.

 Keith is trying something new this year with this float tube.  It should handle the rapids real well.


Happy Father's Day to a guy who's usually taking care of everyone else.  Sure love you, hon!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Wooo--that looks like a super fancy grill! I love summer time and BBQs. Good timing for that purchase!

Lisa said...

Well come on up and we'll get somethin good grilin!

Katie said...

I was going to say, "oh man, I wish you would grill something for me this summer" then I realized, score! I'm coming home soon and you can. Can't wait!

Lisa said...

We can't wait either Katie! We'll cook up some fun for sure!