Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thanks for the Pies Katie!

Katie really cranked the menu output up a notch over Christmas
with her amazing
Rio Lemon Chiffon Pie and...

her Most Divine Triple Chocolate Pie. They were fantastico!
She had Diane and I hopping as her trusty assistants. In
fact I think we pretty much qualified as sous chefs.
We were busily beating egg whites, grating chocolate,
folding in meringue, and drizzling chocolate. It was an
exciting time in the kitchen for sure. Almost as fun
as actually eating Katie's fabulous creations!

3 comments:

Katie said...

No problem Mom, they were fun to make (and eat).

Josh said...

The first time we made it, Katie had me make the meringue, but we dripped a tiny bit of egg yolk in it. I started beating it, and it didn't do anything, so i told Katie I thought there was something wrong. She said to just keep beating it and be patient, so I did. It was still soup about fifteen minutes later... but I was patient.

Lisa said...

Ahh, the things you learn through trial and error, ha ha!